Happy women’s day, yo
What’s misandry, again?
- Women perform 66% of the world’s work, but receive only 11% of the world’s income, and own only 1% of the world’s land.
- Women make up 66% of the world’s illiterate adults.
- Women head 83% of single-parent families. The number of families nurtured by women alone doubled from 1970 to 1995 (from 5.6 million to 12.2 million).
- Women account for 55% of all college students, but even when women have equal years of education it does not translate into economic opportunities or political power.
- There are six million more women than men in the world.
- Two-thirds of the world’s children who receive less than four years of education are girls. Girls represent nearly 60% of the children not in school.
- Parents in countries such as China and India sometimes use sex determination tests to find out if their fetus is a girl. Of 8,000 fetuses aborted at a Bombay clinic, 7,999 were female.
- Wars today affect civilians most, since they are civil wars, guerrilla actions and ethnic disputes over territory or government. 3 out of 4 fatalities of war are women and children.
- Rape is consciously used as a tool of genocide and weapon of war. Tens of thousands of women and girls have been subjected to rape and other sexual violence since the crisis erupted in Darfur in 2003. There is no evidence of anyone being convicted in Darfur for these atrocities.
- About 75% of the refugees and internally displaced in the world are women who have lost their families and their homes.
- Gender-based violence kills one in three women across the world and is the biggest cause of injury and death to women worldwide, causing more deaths and disability among women aged 15 to 44 than cancer, malaria, traffic accident, and war.
Model: Double Flower (Variation A)
Designed by: Maria Sinayskaya
Folded by: Akizhi
Units: 30 pieces
A car ornament for my parents (up to them to decide who wants it). Still need to make another one for them.
Designed by: Saburo Kase
Folded by: Akizhi
Units: 30 pieces
Another car ornament for my parents. I was worried about the color on this one cause I felt like it would look like a pumpkin or something. Eh it looks okay I think.
- 1 Pillsbury Pie Crust
- 3 apples
- 5 TBSP sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 cups water
- 3 TBSP sugar
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
Wash the apples, cut in half and core them. Then slice in very thin slices, slightly smaller than 1/8 inch.
In a saucepan, bring the 4 cups water, sugar and lemon juice to a boil and place the apple slices in.
Boil for 2 minutes, or until the slices soften and you can easily bend them.
Strain apples into colander and let dry on paper towels for a few minutes.
Prepare your work surface by lightly sprinkling it with some flour or just use a silicone mat and lay the pie crust down.
With a pastry cutter (or knife), cut long strips, approximately 1/2 inch wide.
In a bowl mix the zest, sugar and cinnamon and nutmeg. and evenly spread it over the pie crust.
Preheat the oven to 425 F.
Place apples on the strips, overlapping them so they do not fall out.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 25 minutes, or until nicely golden.
**** A special Thank You Catalina Pryor for sharing this delicious tutorial with us.
Troy behind the scenes…
trust me…click the link
Flanery you bitchface
Best Tumblr Responses
Aaahm … interesting :D
Whatever he’s just so awfully cute!!!